Guiding Principle – Stakeholder Service
We believe that companies have only the rights given to them by society. While people have a natural entitlement to basic rights, corporations are an instrument created by society to provide its needs and ought to have no expectation of basic entitlements other than equitable rights with other corporations, including those wholly owned by a person. We recognize that rights, sufficient to build and operate an energy project, can be granted and taken away by society. Over the longer term, companies can only expect to thrive if they serve the legitimate needs of society in which they exist. To thrive, companies must differentiate, rise above the pack, standout as being among the best with all of their stakeholders. At Seven Generations Energy Ltd., we acknowledge this granted entitlement and accept from our stakeholders a duty to thrive and an understanding of the need to differentiate.
Specifically, in acceptance of this challenge to differentiate with all stakeholders, we acknowledge:
- The need of society for us to conduct our business in a way that protects the natural beauty of the environment and preserves the capacity of the earth to meet the needs of present and future generations;
- The need of Canada and Alberta for us to obey all regulations and to proactively assist with the formulation of new policy that enables our company and our industry to better serve society;
- The need of the communities where we operate to be engaged in the planning of our projects and to participate in the benefits arising from them as they are built and operated;
- The need of our business partners and infrastructure customers to be treated fairly and attentively;
- The need of our suppliers and service providers to be treated fairly and paid promptly for equipment and services provided to us and to receive feedback from us that can help them to be competitive and thrive in their businesses;
- The need of our employees to be compensated fairly and provided a safe, healthy and happy work environment including a healthy work life – outside life balance; and
- The need of our shareholders and capital providers to have their investment managed responsibly and ethically and to earn strong returns.
We see ourselves as being in the service business, serving the needs of our stakeholders. We seek satisfaction for all stakeholders. Differentiation is imperative. We support an open and competitive business environment, recognizing in the competitive world that we envision, only those who best serve their stakeholders can expect the support required to survive for the longer term.